Painting The Roof

When we recently moved to a new mooring we were able to fully appreciate the state of TGM's roof. It had weathered a bit and was in need of some love and attention.





So, we sanded her down and cleaned her up and talked about all the different designs and colours we could expereiment with.



Then we looked at the weather forecast and realised that we were unlikely to complete any major painting works this year.



But eager as we were to slap on some paint and do as much as we could before it rained/flooded/tempested/snowed we put our faith in the gods and applied a lovely white undercoat.


And then our imaginations kicked in and we no longer wanted to have a boat that was green all over (even if it was many different shades of green) and so, our imaginations led us to a tin of Hammerite just sitting there, alone, begging to be used. Black hatch, black rails and a nice black chimney collar.





After this we really got carried away and painted the roof red. I cannot find the photos I took so they will have to be posted next time.
We had to stop after this as a heavy dew prevented the paint from setting. Then it rained, and rained, and rained. The paint still has not dried.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

herhimnbryn said...

Smart Green Man.

Avus said...

Wouldn't a white roof have kept it cooler? (Still, I guess walking over it, it would not be white for long)

Noreen Mayweather said...

Hmm, I'm lost with what the real color of your roof is. Is it green, white, or red? Haha! But after imagining how it will turn out, I can say either of the three will make your roof look good. I like the green one though. Looks like Green Lantern's home. Hehe! Cheers to the newly-painted roof!

Kermit Lukacs said...

The white does look pretty neat from this angle, though I wouldn’t go so far as to say that green looked bad on it. But if you did go with red, I’d go on and say that you definitely went with a good choice. Red is quite a lively color, and that would make your little boat quite the looker!

[Kermit Lukacs]

valonia said...

The roof is... red - with a yellow Go-Faster stripe along the edge. It doesn't help us go any faster!

Mary Martin said...

The roof looks nicer after being painted white, though it would be nice to see how it looks with red painted on it! I’m actually excited to see it, especially that stripe you put along the edge! I imagine it looks quite dashing and fun, and a red boat is quite eye-catching to see floating along a river!

Eliza Beth said...

Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. Roof Painting

ponting said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. affordable locksmith tampa florida

silent.john said...

I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. roofer raleigh

Fin said...

Great knowledge, do anyone mind merely reference back to it Types of shingle roof

Graphics said...

Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Sunroom Additions