When we recently moved to a new mooring we were able to fully appreciate the state of TGM's roof. It had weathered a bit and was in need of some love and attention.
So, we sanded her down and cleaned her up and talked about all the different designs and colours we could expereiment with.
Then we looked at the weather forecast and realised that we were unlikely to complete any major painting works this year.
But eager as we were to slap on some paint and do as much as we could before it rained/flooded/tempested/snowed we put our faith in the gods and applied a lovely white undercoat.
And then our imaginations kicked in and we no longer wanted to have a boat that was green all over (even if it was many different shades of green) and so, our imaginations led us to a tin of Hammerite just sitting there, alone, begging to be used. Black hatch, black rails and a nice black chimney collar.
After this we really got carried away and painted the roof red. I cannot find the photos I took so they will have to be posted next time.
We had to stop after this as a heavy dew prevented the paint from setting. Then it rained, and rained, and rained. The paint still has not dried.