I Only Dabble!


A friend asked me to paint some blocks of wood for him so he could make a mobile for his daughter. I only dabble in art in a hobbyist kind of way and so never expect or ask for payment, but my kind friend would not accept this. It would seem that I have a bottle of vodka heading my way in return for very homemade looking art. I will pass on the vodka to Rob, who will enjoy it very much. And now I will move on to my next project and find a willing victim to receive it and I hope that they do not mind wobbly lines and smudges as on windy days, as the boat rocks and sways, anything vaguely neat and straight is impossible!

4 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

A very sweet "e"~!

valonia said...

Thank you very much, Willow. :)

x V.

Avus said...

But the "wobbly lines", etc are the very essence that you have brought to it - painted on a steady table on dry land it would be a totally different picture.
I like your "Anglo-Saxon/Celtic" themes and this one has an added taste of "mediaeval monkery" from the scriptorium of a monastery.

DJ said...

Yay! I love it!
Juicy colors, and cute lettering...
More, please.